Colwood Property Management
Let Us Manage Your Colwood Rental Property
We offer a full range of property management services tailored to you as an investor, homeowner, or
landlord. We have an extensive porfolio of properties in the Colwood area.
The Benefits of using Greenaway Realty Property Management
- No hassle management
- Automated owner statements
- Online Owner Portal Access
- Industry leading marketing tools
- 24/7 maintenance request handling
- Prompt Response to Tenant Requests
- Low vacancy rate
- Low time on market
- Industry specific local knowledge
What we do as your Colwood property manager:
- Fill vacancies
- Advertise your rental
- Handle tenant inquiries
- Background and credit investigations
- Application processing
- Lease signing
- Full service repair
- Rent collection
- Coordinate Evictions
Inquire About Our Services
Explore What We Do
As your Colwood Property Manager
Evaluate the property and determine an accurate rental rate
- Perform detailed documentation of the interior and exterior including photos
- Offer recommendations on repairs and cosmetic improvements that optimize monthly rent while providing good ROI.
- Gather data on rental rates in the area and work with owners to determine the optimal rental rate. Rent research will vary but should include looking at the recently rented comparable according to size and type.
- Discuss with owners the pros and cons of different policies such as accepting pets, allowing smoking etc.
- Implement rent increases in accordance with the Residential Tenancy Act and obtain owner approval.
Market the property for rent
- Prepare move in package and keys cut, etc.
- Ensure the home is Clean and at its best condition
- Ensure that landscaping in sufficient, optimizing curb appeal
- Create ads tailored to the property and advertising medium. Some of the mediums commonly used are: company website, paid and free rental listing websites, print publications, Signs, Flyers, Work with other Realtors and Leasing Agents to find a tenant.
- Field calls from prospects for questions and viewings
- Meet prospective tenants for showings throughout the week and weekend.
- Provide prospective tenants with rental applications
Tenant Screening and Selection
- Perform a background check to verify identity, income, credit history, rental history, etc.
- Inform ALL applicants success & unsuccessful
Tenant Move In
- Complete lease agreement (Prepare Form Ks for Strata Managed Properties)
- Confirm move in date with tenant
- Review lease guidelines with tenant regarding things like rental payment terms and required property maintenance, etc.
- Ensure all agreements have been properly executed
- Perform detailed move in inspection with tenant and have tenant(s) sign a report verifying the condition of the property prior to move-in. The software we use creates consistent data capture for property including pictures eliminating any discrepancies as to damage and condition.
- Collect first month's rent and security deposit
- Provide Tenant with Mobile friendly portal simplifies communication, streamlines maintenance and reduces delinquencies
- Maintain good tenant relations and communications.
- Receiving rent and handle delinquent accounts
- Take Immediate Action on late payments
- Prepare, post and follow up on any Notice to Tenant that would be required
Evictions / Legal
- Deal with the Residential Tenancy Board on your behalf if necessary
- Filing relevant paperwork to facilitate disputes and/or arbitration
- Representing owner in attending Arbitration
- Perform periodic inspections (Inside and outside) on a predefined schedule looking for repair needs, safety hazards, code violations, lease violations, etc.
- Available to you 24/7 on your Private Owner Portal all inspection reports on the condition of the property
- Vacant Properties received weekly inspections
- Secure electronic banking is available to owners and tenant, including electronic deposits & payments
- With our detailed financial reporting tools, it's never been easier to keep tabs on your investment. Log into your owner portal to view statements and stay in tune with how your investment is performing.
- Monies are held in a Trust Account and audited by Superintendent of Real Estate
Maintenance and Repairs
- Provide and oversee maintenance items with reputable and qualified trades, we do not mark up the invoices
- Preventative maintenance tailored to meet with the owner’s needs
- Assign jobs to different parties (in-house employees, handyman and professional contractors) based on who will do the best job for the best price. Quotes are required on all maintenance and repair expenditures that exceed your pre-authorized limit (excluding Emergency Repairs)
- Hire, coordinate and supervise any required grounds maintenance or regular maintenance contracts
- Conduct annual fire alarm inspections as accordance to the Act
- A Property Manager will be available for emergency calls 24 hours and day 7 days a Week
- Provide Tenant with access to online Maintenance Reporting System
Tenant Move Out
- Conduct Move out with Tenant(s) completing a move out report
- Provide tenant with a copy as well as estimated damages
- Return the balance of the security deposit to the tenant
- Forward any portion of the owner’s portion of the tenant deposit to the owner or hold in owner reserves for repairs.
- Arrange and supervise the completion of any required cleaning, repairs, etc. for subsequent Tenancy.
- Arrange re-keying of the locks if necessary as per the Residential Tenancy Act.
- Put the property back on the market for rent as soon as possible to avoid or minimize any vacancies
Langford is the fastest growing community in British Columbia attracting new residents from
all over Greater Victoria, the Lower Mainland, and Alberta due to new housing developments;
strong real estate market and affordability; desirable temperate climate with warm, dry summers
and mild, wet winters; ample amenities as the commercial centre of West Shore; and year-long
recreational activities. Although the pace of development and some planning decisions
(particularly "big-box" retail developments and aggressive suburban sprawl) have attracted
criticism - some would argue the city is expanding too quickly at the expense of natural
surroundings and existing infrastructure, and city council is too pro-development - the community
continues to grow rapidly and attract residents. It is the largest municipality in the Western
Communities, and third-largest in the Capital Regional District after Saanich and Victoria.
Areas We Serve