Southern Vancouver Island Property Management
Let Us Manage Your Southern Vancouver Island Rental Property
We offer a full range of property management services tailored to you as an investor, homeowner, or
landlord. We have an extensive porfolio of properties in the Southern Vancouver Island area.
The Benefits of using Greenaway Realty Property Management
- No hassle management
- Automated owner statements
- Online Owner Portal Access
- Industry leading marketing tools
- 24/7 maintenance request handling
- Prompt Response to Tenant Requests
- Low vacancy rate
- Low time on market
- Industry specific local knowledge
What we do as your Southern Vancouver Island property manager:
- Fill vacancies
- Advertise your rental
- Handle tenant inquiries
- Background and credit investigations
- Application processing
- Lease signing
- Full service repair
- Rent collection
- Coordinate Evictions
Inquire About Our Services
Explore What We Do
As your Southern Vancouver Island Property Manager
Evaluate the property and determine an accurate rental rate
- Perform detailed documentation of the interior and exterior including photos
- Offer recommendations on repairs and cosmetic improvements that optimize monthly rent while providing good ROI.
- Gather data on rental rates in the area and work with owners to determine the optimal rental rate. Rent research will vary but should include looking at the recently rented comparable according to size and type.
- Discuss with owners the pros and cons of different policies such as accepting pets, allowing smoking etc.
- Implement rent increases in accordance with the Residential Tenancy Act and obtain owner approval.
Market the property for rent
- Prepare move in package and keys cut, etc.
- Ensure the home is Clean and at its best condition
- Ensure that landscaping in sufficient, optimizing curb appeal
- Create ads tailored to the property and advertising medium. Some of the mediums commonly used are: company website, paid and free rental listing websites, print publications, Signs, Flyers, Work with other Realtors and Leasing Agents to find a tenant.
- Field calls from prospects for questions and viewings
- Meet prospective tenants for showings throughout the week and weekend.
- Provide prospective tenants with rental applications
Tenant Screening and Selection
- Perform a background check to verify identity, income, credit history, rental history, etc.
- Inform ALL applicants success & unsuccessful
Tenant Move In
- Complete lease agreement (Prepare Form Ks for Strata Managed Properties)
- Confirm move in date with tenant
- Review lease guidelines with tenant regarding things like rental payment terms and required property maintenance, etc.
- Ensure all agreements have been properly executed
- Perform detailed move in inspection with tenant and have tenant(s) sign a report verifying the condition of the property prior to move-in. The software we use creates consistent data capture for property including pictures eliminating any discrepancies as to damage and condition.
- Collect first month's rent and security deposit
- Provide Tenant with Mobile friendly portal simplifies communication, streamlines maintenance and reduces delinquencies
- Maintain good tenant relations and communications.
- Receiving rent and handle delinquent accounts
- Take Immediate Action on late payments
- Prepare, post and follow up on any Notice to Tenant that would be required
Evictions / Legal
- Deal with the Residential Tenancy Board on your behalf if necessary
- Filing relevant paperwork to facilitate disputes and/or arbitration
- Representing owner in attending Arbitration
- Perform periodic inspections (Inside and outside) on a predefined schedule looking for repair needs, safety hazards, code violations, lease violations, etc.
- Available to you 24/7 on your Private Owner Portal all inspection reports on the condition of the property
- Vacant Properties received weekly inspections
- Secure electronic banking is available to owners and tenant, including electronic deposits & payments
- With our detailed financial reporting tools, it's never been easier to keep tabs on your investment. Log into your owner portal to view statements and stay in tune with how your investment is performing.
- Monies are held in a Trust Account and audited by Superintendent of Real Estate
Maintenance and Repairs
- Provide and oversee maintenance items with reputable and qualified trades, we do not mark up the invoices
- Preventative maintenance tailored to meet with the owner’s needs
- Assign jobs to different parties (in-house employees, handyman and professional contractors) based on who will do the best job for the best price. Quotes are required on all maintenance and repair expenditures that exceed your pre-authorized limit (excluding Emergency Repairs)
- Hire, coordinate and supervise any required grounds maintenance or regular maintenance contracts
- Conduct annual fire alarm inspections as accordance to the Act
- A Property Manager will be available for emergency calls 24 hours and day 7 days a Week
- Provide Tenant with access to online Maintenance Reporting System
Tenant Move Out
- Conduct Move out with Tenant(s) completing a move out report
- Provide tenant with a copy as well as estimated damages
- Return the balance of the security deposit to the tenant
- Forward any portion of the owner’s portion of the tenant deposit to the owner or hold in owner reserves for repairs.
- Arrange and supervise the completion of any required cleaning, repairs, etc. for subsequent Tenancy.
- Arrange re-keying of the locks if necessary as per the Residential Tenancy Act.
- Put the property back on the market for rent as soon as possible to avoid or minimize any vacancies
Discover Southern Vancouver Island
Vancouver Island is in the northeastern Pacific Ocean, just off the coast of Canada.
It is part of the Canadian province of British Columbia. The island is 460 kilometres
(290 mi) in length, 100 kilometres (62 mi) in width at its widest point, and 32,134 km2
(12,407 sq mi) in area. It is the largest island on the West Coast of North America.
The southern part of Vancouver Island is the only part of British Columbia or Western
Canada to lie south of the 49th Parallel, along with most of the southern Gulf Islands
and minor offshore islands. This area has one of the warmest climates in Canada, and
since the mid-1990s has been mild enough in a few areas to grow subtropical Mediterranean
crops such as olives and lemons.
Vancouver Island had a population in 2016 of 775,347. Nearly half of that figure (367,770)
live in the metropolitan area of Greater Victoria. Other notable cities and towns on Vancouver
Island include Nanaimo, Port Alberni, Parksville, Courtenay, and Campbell River. Victoria, the
capital city of British Columbia, is located on the island, but the larger city of Vancouver
is not – it is on the North American mainland, across the Strait of Georgia from Nanaimo.
Vancouver Island has been the homeland to many indigenous peoples for thousands of years.
The island was explored by British and Spanish expeditions in the late 18th century. It was
named Quadra's and Vancouver's Island in commemoration of the friendly negotiations held in
1792 by Spanish commander of the Nootka Sound settlement, Juan Francisco de la Bodega y
Quadra, and by British naval captain George Vancouver, during the Nootka Crisis. Quadra's
name was eventually dropped from the name. It is one of several North American locations
named after George Vancouver, who explored the Pacific Northwest coast between 1791 and 1794.
Vancouver Island is the world's 43rd largest island, Canada's 11th largest island, and Canada's
second most populous island after the Island of Montreal. It is the largest Pacific island
anywhere east of New Zealand.
Areas We Serve